dentify and mark telecommunications cable to prevent unintended cable cuts by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Locate and mark cable using provided equipment and maps.
- Communicate with customers about locating needs.
- Complete appropriate paperwork.
- Inspect grounds at pedestals and protectors
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and/ or Experience
Associate’s degree in telecommunications-related area or one-year diploma/certificate in the same. At least one year of previous cable locating experience. Excellent work ethic and communication skills. Ability to read maps.
Must maintain regular attendance. Must be able to walk extensively outdoors. Must be available to work extended hours. Ability to read maps.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver's license.