Perform activities concerned with installation, repair, test, troubleshooting, and upgrades of communications facilities and special equipment to meet customers' communication requirements by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install and repair communication facilities and well as drawing up and spicing buried service drops to customer premise.
- Test and inspect and configure modems and set top boxes to apply to different customers services.
- Install and troubleshoot AcenTek wireless services, IPTV, internet and POTS.
- Up sell AcenTek's services.
- Inspect customer premises to ascertain space available for installation of equipment and to determine type and quantity of designated equipment that can be installed to provide specific communication facilities.
- Maintain equipment and analyze operational malfunctioning with testing devices to locate and diagnose nature of defect and ascertain repairs to be made.
- Assist in construction and maintenance of outside plant facilities.
- Handle specialized duties such as installing wireless services, surveillance or security systems, etc. as needed.
- Climb poles to install or repair outside service lines.
- Locate cable.
- Assist other departments as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent; minimum one year experience and/or training in related field.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree or equivalent college or technical school in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience; telephony experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver's license.