On a limited income? You can save with Lifeline services from AcenTek. This federal assistance program can help you save on your monthly local phone service.
AcenTek provides single-party residential voice services. This includes access to:
- voice grade to the public switched network,
- local usage,
- dual tone, multi-frequency signaling or its functional equivalent,
- single-party service or its functional equivalent,
- emergency services,
- operator services,
- inter-exchange service,
- directory assistance, and
- toll limitation for qualifying low-income customers.
Lifeline provides certain discounts on monthly service for qualified subscribers.
How to Qualify
Lifeline is available to qualifying customers in every U.S. state. The subscriber must participate in one of the following programs:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplement Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Income below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veteran's Pension Survivors Benefit
Please be aware that only one Lifeline discount may be received per household, even if the household has more than one telephone account, including landline or wireless phone service. Lifeline service is not transferable, and only eligible consumers may enroll in the program. Documentation of eligibility is required to enroll.
Click here to download the two-page certification form (PDF). Call Customer Service for more information.
TAP (Telephone Assistance Plan), available to low-income residents in Minnesota, provides an additional credit to customers that qualify for a Lifeline discount