Perform activities concerned with installation, repair, test, troubleshooting, and upgrades of communications facilities and special equipment to meet customers' communication requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, test, and repair communication facilities, such as customer premises wiring, telephone equipment, copper and fiber cable, digital subscriber carriers, and Internet equipment. Also may diagnose and repair trouble in switching equipment.
- Install and repair digital video and INT systems at customer premise, including wiring and equipment programming and educate customers on the use of their services and sell additional features/services as appropriate.
- Inspect customer premises to ascertain space available for installation of equipment and to determine type and quantity of designated equipment that can be installed to provide specific communication facilities.
- Maintain equipment and analyze operational malfunctioning with testing devices to locate and diagnose nature of defect and ascertain repairs to be made.
- Maintain accurate inventory and equipment records.
- Locate cable.
- Assist other departments as needed and all other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent; minimum one year experience and/or training in related field.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree or equivalent college or technical school in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience; telephony experience.
Must maintain confidentiality of AcenTek's business on and off the job by protecting sensitive customer and employee information. Must be knowledgeable about and comply with company policies and procedures, including safety procedures as described in the company safety manual. Must maintain regular attendance. Must demonstrate a high level of productivity with minimal supervision. Must show a positive impact on coworkers and demonstrate loyalty to the success of company. Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, and contractors.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver's license.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.