On a limited income? You can save with Lifeline services from AcenTek. This federal assistance program can help you save on your monthly local phone service.
AcenTek provides single-party residential services. This includes access to:
- voice grade to the public switched network,
- local usage,
- dual tone, multi-frequency signaling or its functional equivalent,
- single-party service or its functional equivalent,
- emergency services,
- operator services,
- inter-exchange service,
- directory assistance, and
- toll limitation for qualifying low-income customers.
Lifeline provides certain discounts on monthly service for qualified subscribers.
How to Qualify
Lifeline is available to qualifying customers in every U.S. state. Qualifications do vary by state, and states with their own programs have their own criteria. In states that rely solely on the federal program, the subscriber must participate in one of the following programs:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Food Stamps
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Income below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- National School Lunch’s Free Lunch Program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
Please be aware that only one Lifeline discount may be received per household, even if the household has more than one telephone account, including landline or wireless phone service. Lifeline service is not transferable, and only eligible consumers may enroll in the program. Documentation of eligibility is required to enroll.
Click here to download the two-page certification form (PDF). Call Customer Service for more information.